Ferdinand Adolph Lange opens his new watch-making workshop in the small mining town of Glashütte in 1845. The manufacturer from Saxony overcomes the vicissitudes of history, not least the East German communist regime. It is reborn after the fall of the Berlin Wall and embodies from then on the German watch-making tradition. Its limited editions - Julius Assmann, Alfred Hewig, Meissen - are sought after by collectors from all over the world.
Ferdinand Adolph Lange and Gustav Bernard Gutkaes found the first watch-making company in the small mining town of Glashütte.
Privatisation of Glashütter Uhrenbetrieb GmbH. The new watches from the manufactory bear the name Glashütte Original.
Acquisition by the Swatch Group.
The Senator Rattrapante is launched. Series limited to 100 pieces, it is home to a 99 calibre with manual winder.