Shape: the octagon
A shape that brings the emblematic and iconic Première watch to mind, as a tribute to the legendary N°5 bottle and to Place Vendôme. A creation inscribed in the watchmaking vocabulary of the House with its sober, refined design, strong lines, and its signature shape. The design is both contemporary and classic, and its angles are polished or satin-finished. When purity reveals perfection.
Inspiration: the masculine
Chanel takes its first feminine creation, the Première, into masculine territory. The Boy.Friend watch holds within the art of twisting the elements from the masculine wardrobe so dear to Mademoiselle Chanel.
With its enigmatic name it doesn’t think twice about shaking up the classic, feminine watchmaking codes. Here, the questions of allure, balance, proportion and details are answered:
- XL size of 37 x 28.60 mm equipped with a manual- winding mechanical movement and a small seconds counter at 6 o’clock
- Large size of 34.60 x 26.70 mm equipped with a quartz movement and a small date counter at 6 o’clock
- A curved watchcase outlined with bevelled edges in satin and polished finishes, in 18K beige gold with or without diamonds, or in 18K white gold set with diamonds
- An opaline dial with a fine guilloché finish highlighted by an oblong shape devoid of numerals
- A semi-matt Mississipiensis alligator strap with pin or triple-folding buckle.
When the masculine reveals the feminine…